Practice rooms and pianos are currently available only in the Logan Center for the Arts, only by advance reservation, and only for use by registered students.
Note: The Logan Center practice rooms will be available until the close of Autumn Quarter on Friday, December 11, at 5 pm. Updates for Winter Quarter will be provided as soon as they are available.
Logan Center Practice Rooms
- Monday – Friday from 8am – 9pm
- Saturday – Sunday from 8am – 7pm.
- Reservations are required and must be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on the day before the requested reservation time.
- Users may reserve a Music Practice Room for up to a maximum of 2 hours on any given day. One reservation per user is allowed per day.
- If you are a pianist in the Piano Program or Chamber Music Program, you may reserve one of the 4th floor Steinway-equipped practice rooms.
Room Access Procedures
- Upon arrival for your practice session, enter the Logan Center via the North/60th Street entrance.
- Once inside, check in with the security officer at the Reception Desk.
- The security officer will confirm your reservation, and you will be required to sign out a Short-Term Access card.
- If using a room with piano, you will also be given a small supply of disinfecting wipes to wipe the piano keys.
- When finished practicing, return the Short-Term Access card and disinfectant wipes (if from a piano room) to the North Desk.
- Maximum occupancy in all Music Practice Rooms is limited to one person.
- Practice Rooms are reserved for musical practice. Please do not use them for studying, etc.
- All Music Practice Room reservations are in one hour segments, starting on the hour.
- Please do not bring any food or drink into the Music Practice Room, including open water bottles.
- Please do not place anything on top of pianos.
- Please do not leave instruments or personal belongings unattended in a practice room.
- Please report any damage to or problems with instruments to email@example.com.