Tricia Park, Violin Artist-in-Residence
Seth Parker Woods, Cello Artist-in-Residence
The wide-ranging and inclusive Chamber Music Program provides numerous performance opportunities for undergraduate and graduate student musicians. Chamber music groups are organized at the beginning of the year, guided in the selection of repertoire, and coached regularly by the Chamber Music Program Director as well as by the Department's artists-in-residence. Periodic coaching opportunities with visiting guest artists and other Chicago-area musicians are also available, as opportunities arise and/or repertoire dictates.
Chamber music groups participate in quarterly Chamber Music Master Classes and perform on the Thursday Tea Time Concert Series, on Chamber Music Showcase concerts, and on recitals and concerts in the Campus North Dormitory and at a local retirement community.
Musicians interested in chamber music should sign up for a Chamber Music Placement Audition at the beginning of the academic year. Players will be assigned to chamber music groups with musicians of similar experience, repertoire interests, and musical ability.
2019-20 Performance Dates
- Thursday, November 21 at 4:30 p.m., Tea Time Concert Series in Fulton Recital Hall
- Thursday, January 30 at 4:30 p.m., Tea Time Concert Series in Fulton Recital Hall
- Tuesday, March 10 at 7:30 p.m., Logan Center Performance Penthouse
- Thursday, May 14 at 4:30 p.m., Tea Time Concert Series in Fulton Recital Hall
- Tuesday, May 19 at 7:30 p.m., Fulton Recital Hall
- Tuesday, June 2 at 7:30 p.m., Logan Center Performance Penthouse
Students interested in joining the Chamber Music Program must sign up for a Chamber Music Program Placement Audition. Audition signup is on the 8th floor lobby of the Logan Center for the Arts beginning Monday, September 23 at 11:00 a.m. and continuing through Monday, September 30. The signup table will be staffed weekdays (M-F) from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and on weekends (Sat/Sun) from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Please visit the Auditions page for complete information including audition requirements.