In addition to the four choral ensembles sponsored by the Department of Music, the Vocal Studies Program, open to undergraduate and graduate students at the University, provides opportunities for singers’ involvement and musical growth. The program encompasses both individual and group coaching opportunities as well as master classes and workshops on the singers’ art. Participants have the opportunity to perform on Thursday Tea Time Concerts, on Vocal Music Showcase concerts, and in a variety of special programs on campus and in the Hyde Park neighborhood. Special projects often focus on a particular theme, a particular composer, or a particular genre or historical period. Singers also have opportunities to work with instrumentalists involved in the Chamber Music Program and Piano Program, and to collaborate with Department of Music graduate and undergraduate composers on new works.
2022-23 Concerts & Events:
- Thursday, Nov 17, 4:30 PM, Fulton Recital Hall - Tea Time Concert
- Sunday, January 8, 2:00 PM, Fulton Recital Hall - Master Class with Paul Max Tipton
- Thursday, February 16, 4:30 PM, Fulton Recital Hall - Tea Time Concert
- Thursday, April 20, 4:30 PM, Fulton Recital Hall - Tea Time Concert
- Sunday, May 14, 7:00 PM - Vocal Studies Showcase Concert
Students interested in participating in the Vocal Studies Program must audition at the beginning of Autumn Quarter. Please visit the Auditions page for complete information including audition requirements.