As the premier undergraduate choral ensemble at the University of Chicago, the Motet Choir accepts 28-36 singers each year. Concentrating on a cappella masterworks of all periods, this polished vocal ensemble specializes in music of the Renaissance, and also performs historically and culturally diverse repertoire ranging from Gregorian chant to gospel standards. The Motet Choir generally presents three major concerts per year (one each quarter), and sings at convocations and special events on campus and throughout the Chicago area.
2019-20 Concert Dates
- Friday, November 22 at 8:00 p.m., Rockefeller Chapel
- Sunday, December 8 at 3:00 p.m., Rockefeller Chapel: Handel’s Messiah
- Friday, February 21 at 7:30 p.m., Harper Memorial Library
- Friday, May 15 at 7:30 p.m., Ida Noyes
- Mondays, 4:30-6:00 p.m., Fulton Recital Hall
- Wednesdays, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Logan Penthouse
Students interested in joining the Motet Choir must sign up for a Choral Ensemble Audition. Audition signup is on the 8th floor lobby of the Logan Center for the Arts beginning Monday, September 23 at 11:00 a.m. and continuing through Monday, September 30. The signup table will be staffed weekdays (M-F) from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and on weekends (Sat/Sun) from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Please visit the Auditions page for complete information including audition requirements.