Student pianists, both undergraduate and graduate, can enhance their musical skills and experience through master classes, quarterly Piano Showcase concerts, and numerous other opportunities offered by the Department of Music’s Piano Program. Students in the program receive regular coaching sessions with the Director of Piano Studies, and they are invited to participate in master classes with visiting guest artists and local professional pianists as well. Performance opportunities include numerous concerts both on and off campus, many of which focus on a specific composer or historical period.
Undergraduate and graduate student pianists interested in taking advantage of coaching opportunities, playing in master classes, and performing in Department concerts must audition for the Piano Program in order to be included in these activities. Auditions are held at the beginning of the academic year.
2019-20 Performance Dates
- Thursday, October 31 at 4:30 p.m., Fulton Recital Hall: Tea Time Concert series
- Thursday, February 20 at 4:30 p.m., Fulton Recital Hall: Tea Time Concert series
- Saturday, February 22 at 2:00 p.m., Fulton Recital Hall
- Thursday, April 30 at 4:30 p.m., Fulton Recital Hall: Tea Time Concert series (cancelled)
- Saturday, May 16 at 7:30 p.m., Fulton Recital Hall (cancelled)
Students interested in participating in the Piano Program must sign up for a Piano Program Audition. Audition signup is on the 8th floor lobby of the Logan Center for the Arts beginning Monday, September 23 at 11:00 a.m. and continuing through Monday, September 30. The signup table will be staffed weekdays (M-F) from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and on weekends (Sat/Sun) from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Please visit the Auditions page for complete information including audition requirements.