New individuals interested in participating in the Piano Program are required to submit a video audition. Returning Piano Program participants are NOT required to re-audition, but MUST register their interest in participating in the Piano Program during the 2023-24 year by filling out the audition registration form.
- Deadline to submit a virtual piano audition: Friday, October 6
- Prepare 6 to 8 minutes of music to play for your recorded audition. Contrasting solo pieces or excerpts are best: something flashy and virtuosic, plus something slow and lyrical. Select repertoire that demonstrates your technical ability and musical skill. Do not choose music that is too difficult for you, or that you have not thoroughly prepared.
- Submit your recorded audition in accordance with the directions included on the online registration form, available beginning September 11.
Results & Placement
- Procedures for coaching sign-ups with Eugenia Jeong will be explained at the audition.
- Pianists will be contacted individually with regard to specific performance opportunities, including showcase concerts, piano master classes, and recitals.
Tips for Recorded Auditions
- Program directors aren't looking for a professional quality recording or a pristine performance. They just want to get to know you and hear how you play, so choose audition repertoire that will allow you to put your best foot forward.
- For tips on recording an audition video, see our basic recording guide here.