Mollie Stone, Director
The 60-80 member Women’s Ensemble is a select ensemble of primarily undergraduate women at the University of Chicago. The group explores classical repertoire from the Medieval era up through the present day, music from polyphonic singing traditions across the world, and selections from a variety of American genres. Through its diverse repertoire, the Women’s Ensemble strives to give singers the chance to discover, explore, and promote the power of women's voices. The ensemble performs throughout the academic year at the U of C and in the community at large.
2019-20 Concert Dates
- Saturday, November 10 at 7:30 p.m. with Sweet Honey in the Rock, Rockefeller Chapel
- Friday, March 8 at 8 p.m., Logan Center Performance Hall
- Friday, May 22 at 8 p.m., Rockefeller Chapel
- Saturday, May 30 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, May 31 at 3 p.m., Mandel Hall
- Mondays, 6:00-7:30 p.m., Fulton Hall
Students interested in joining the Women’s Ensemble must sign up for a Choral Ensemble Audition. Audition signup is on the 8th floor lobby of the Logan Center for the Arts beginning Monday, September 23 at 11:00 a.m. and continuing through Monday, September 30. The signup table will be staffed weekdays (M-F) from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and on weekends (Sat/Sun) from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Please visit the Auditions page for complete information including audition requirements.