The Rockefeller Chapel Choir and its professional subset, the Decani, sing at Sunday services and festivals throughout the academic year, as well as in Rockefeller’s signature Quire & Place concert series. This series features major works from the entire historical canon, lesser-known gems, and the premieres of new work by distinguished composers. The Chapel Choir’s membership includes undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, staff, and community members from diverse spiritual and cultural backgrounds who share the rich musical experience of singing a wide array of choral music in the unique religious and cultural contexts of a magnificent Rockefeller Chapel, which serves as a spiritual center to students of all world traditions.
2019-20 Concert Dates
- Sunday, October 6 at 11:00 a.m., Rockefeller Chapel: First Choral Sunday
- Thursday, November 7 at 7:30 p.m., Rockefeller Chapel
- Sunday, December 8 at 3:00 p.m., Rockefeller Chapel: Handel’s Messiah
- Thursday, April 23 at 7:30 p.m., Rockefeller Chapel
- Sunday services during the academic year
- Thursdays, 7:00-9:30 p.m., Rockefeller Chapel
Students interested in joining the Rockefeller Chapel Choir must sign up for a Choral Ensemble Audition. Audition signup is on the 8th floor lobby of the Logan Center for the Arts beginning Monday, September 23 at 11:00 a.m. and continuing through Monday, September 30. The signup table will be staffed weekdays (M-F) from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and on weekends (Sat/Sun) from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Please visit the Auditions page for complete information including audition requirements.