Instrumentalists who are interested in joining the Jazz X-tet and/or the Jazz Combo are required to audition via a pre-recorded video submission.
Students who are unable to submit a pre-recorded audition may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements.
Jazz Audition Requirements
- Be sure to furnish all information required on the audition form.
- At the beginning of your video, clearly state your name, your instrument, and the tunes you will play.
- Your audition should include 2 jazz standards followed by a brief verbal explanation of your sight-reading skills.
- Record all of your audition repertoire in one take.
- Your audition video should be no more than 10 minutes in duration. Upload as directed on the audition form.
The deadline to submit a pre-recorded video audition is Friday, January 15 at 5 pm.
Instrumental ensemble placements will be announced via email.