PhD students in the Department of Music continue to be awarded with noteworthy fellowships and grants towards their ongoing dissertation research and completion in 2016 - 17.
- Cesar Favila has been awarded an E. Power Biggs Fellowship from the Organ Historical Society.
- Abigail Fine has won a Charlotte W. Newcombe Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship.
- Jess Peritz has received a Delmas Foundation Grant.
- Tommaso Sabbatini has been awarded both a Chateaubriand Fellowship to spend four months in Paris, and a Eugene K. Wolf Grant from the AMS.
- Mari Jo Velasco has been awarded an Alvin H. Johnson – AMS 50 Fellowship.
- Dan Wang has won a Mellon-Humanities Division Dissertation Completion Fellowship.